Pages

Thursday, 9 February 2012

Review - Eminence Organics Tomato Oil Control Gel

I guess to start off my first review I will the questions that I would ask someone else if I was interested in a product they were using.

How long have I been using it?

I'm halfway through the bottle and I had a travel size of this before it just to try so I've probably been using it for more than six months.

How does it preform?

I love it! I actually don't need to use a ton of it a quick pump or two is all I need. It's great for my oily skin and it keeps the shine at bay for me. It's very light weight and I have no problem putting it on over any break outs. I tend to break out every now and then and my skin can be really sensitive to new products, but I have never felt this has ever contributed to any break outs I had. It also smells lovely. I had held off on buying it before because I thought "Tomato? That can't smell good". But it does, it's smells great, it smells like lavender to me and it's not strong, once I put it on and then put my makeup over it I can't smell it anymore.


Packaging?

Comes in a pump glass bottle. I like that it's glass, with all the issues with possible toxins in plastics I like to know it's glass and it can be easily recycled. I like that it's a pump so I don't have to stick my fingers in the jar. Most of Eminence's other moisturizers come in a pot/jar container and to me that always makes me think bacteria can get in easier because who know what's on your hands..although I do have to hand it to them though every one of their pots come with a little spatula so you don't have to stick your fingers in the jar.


How long does it last?

It doesn't look like it will last long, I'm halfway through the thing and I've only had it a couple months. But that really is my own fault, it's not like you have to use a lot it's just that I apply it like 3 times a day. Once in the morning, then after I go to the gym at lunch, then before bed. With the price tag it can get expensive, but to me it's worth it because I love this stuff.

Where do I get it?

I buy this at a local salon that carries it. You can contact Eminence through their website to find retailers near you. There are also a few websites that carry it, I have not shopped at either but you can take a look Here (Canada) or Here (USA)

Ingredients:

Tomato Juice, Glycerine, Hydroxy-ethyl Cellulose, Hawthorn Berry, Odorless Garlic, Field Pumpkin, Sea Buckthorn Berry, Sorrel, Jojoba Oil, Biotin, Zinc Sulfate, Lavender, Vitamin, B3, B5, C, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid.


Any other thing you want to know? Just drop me a comment :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment